Our Condition Guidelines
Although we carry some new merchandise, we specialize in vintage items that are at least 20 years old. Please remember that vintage is not new or mint. Unless otherwise stated, items will have age related wear; the older the item is the more the potential for more wear. These are usually items that are no longer manufactured or available by retail. The items are purchased from estate auctions, yard sales and antique stores; some items may need to be cleaned. If it is an item that we feel the “patina” is important, we will leave it to the buyer’s discretion to clean it. We do our best to describe our Items accurately with descriptions and photographs. If you have questions, please ask, we will do our best to address any concerns you might have. We do not smoke but the previous owner may have been a smoker. Everything vintage comes from an era when the vast majority of Americans did smoke.
Below is a guide which explains how we rate our merchandise throughout our website:
Merchandise that is listed as:
- Modern New: are items that are not considered vintage and are not 20 years old or older and are in New Unused condition
- Modern Pre-Owned: are items that are not considered vintage and are not 20 years old or older and are in Pre-Owned / Used condition
- Modern Handmade: are items that are that are handmade by our crafter
- Vintage: are items that are at least 20 years old and considered Pre-Owned/Used unless listed otherwise.
- Antique: are items that are at least 100 years old and considered Pre-Owned/Used unless listed otherwise.
- Amazon New: are items that are actually carried by Amazon and not by our store. Purchasing these items here would be the same as you purchased them on Amazon with all the same guarantees and benefits.
Merchandise conditions are listed as follows:
- New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included.
- Like New Condition: An apparently untouched item in near perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact. There may be some very light signs of wear on the item or its packaging.
- Very Good Condition: An item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.
- Good Condition: The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.
- Acceptable Condition: The item is fairly worn but continues to work perfectly. Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.